ispCP - Board - Support
Diskquota per mailbox ? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Diskquota per mailbox ? (/thread-9922.html)

Pages: 1 2

Diskquota per mailbox ? - abgar - 03-09-2010 01:24 AM

Simple question: is it planned ? It is the only serius thing I miss in ispcp. Mailbox users can fill up site/domain diskquota and this way disable the site.
Speed limit RAM limit per site/domain would be also nice.

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - BeNe - 03-09-2010 05:00 AM

This works with Dovecot!
You intstall it on your own, check the Wiki.

Greez BeNe

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - abgar - 03-09-2010 06:27 AM

I checked. It is bit complicated but of course can be done. Why not implement that out of the box ?

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - kilburn - 03-09-2010 08:10 AM

Because there is no transparent path to migrate from courier (what all our existing users already have) to the current debian stable dovecot version.

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - abgar - 03-09-2010 11:22 AM

This is easy to understand. Why not use dovecott with mailquota at new installations od ISPCP?

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - BeNe - 03-09-2010 05:15 PM

There is not enough manpower, time and 100% understanding for both systems to create a new Setup and the correct configs. Maybe a little Team is here needed, but this time there is none.

Greez BeNe

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - abgar - 03-09-2010 05:56 PM

PitySad Anyway: my respect for developers and all people engaged in making ispcp omega better.

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - kilburn - 03-09-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:There is not enough manpower, time and 100% understanding for both systems to create a new Setup and the correct configs.

The main reason preventing me to work on this is that it is *impossible* to transparently migrate existing courier mailboxes to dovecot 1.0 ones, and dovecot 1.0 is the current version included in debian stable. Therefore, if we just force our customers to migrate, they will all be having problems with their customers.

Obviously, the alternative is to maintain both courier and dovecot compatibility, but this implies doubling the work, and at this point it's where it becomes a "not enough time" issue Wink

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - bodysplit - 03-10-2010 07:05 PM

Courier can also be used for quota. But it's also very complicated there. The maildirsize must be set during maildir creation. Then postfix needs to be patched with vda-softquota to correctly deliver mails with quota limitations. IIRC also maildrop must be use for mail delivery to update the quota when mail arrives. All in all, I could compile my findings into a patch (SQL is already there and useable for dovecot too).

A VERY BIG BUT(T): Dovecot has many great features (for me sieve) and quota is so much better (postfix can use dovecot for delivery), indexing is CPU saving... so I guess we have to find an upgrade path to use dovecot.

my 2 cents...

RE: Diskquota per mailbox ? - BeNe - 03-10-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:we have to find an upgrade path to use dovecot.
We have one --> http://www.isp-control.net/documentation/doku.php?id=howto:mail:replace_courier_with_dovecot

But not an automatical way.

Greez BeNe