Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:49 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Error: "Cannot open the ispcp.conf config file!"
mike548141 Offline

Error: "Cannot open the ispcp.conf config file!"
Hi,

So an admin has screwed the pooch on this one, we are not sure whats been done to the server but when we browse to the control panel we now get
"Cannot open the ispcp.conf config file!
Please contact your system administrator"

Its ispCP 1.0.5 on openSuSE 11.1 and hasn't been modified in some time. I'm currently looking to move it to a new host running ispCP 1.0.7.

I understand from other forum posts that this can happen because of insufficient rights, corrupt config and other things.

I'm not sure where to start looking so I was thinking is there some level of debugging I can do to get to the root cause e.g. flick a switch so ispCP can tell me what it doesn't like?

One of the most recent changes made related to PHP, apache modules and mod_security2 so these are also areas of concern.

Thanks

MC
P.S. Alternatively we will have to look to move the existing websites, databases, logs and ispCP config from this host to a new host with the control panel broken.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 12:20 AM by mike548141.)
01-25-2012 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Error: "Cannot open the ispcp.conf config file!"
Please check the permissions of the file as well as the overall php configuration.
(Are you still running mod_fastcgi or mod_fcgid ... ? )
01-25-2012 11:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike548141 Offline

Quick update, I found there was a config file in the Apache vhost configuration folder that was being loaded into memory specifying mod_php was to handle .php files rather than fastcgi or fcgi. Thus the PHP config file (php.ini) used was incorrect etc...
02-15-2012 11:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

So its solved now ? great!
02-16-2012 09:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply