Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:44 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Questions regarding ispCP config
jbrouhard Offline

Questions regarding ispCP config
Okay, i'm working on a Plesk-to-ispCP migration for my server, and I need some information.

I'm considering doing the migration to a test server, which is located on a private network IP.

My question is.. If I do this migration, can I simply copy the config files directly to my production server (after we've done a full wipe) and then go from there? Are there any config files that are tied to the IP address ?

I'm fairly certain that 90% of ispCP is database-driven...
04-30-2007 06:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Questions regarding ispCP config
You'll have to regenerate the configs for apache.
A status "change" should do so (in combination with calling ispcp-rqst-mngr manually)

set this on every domain, subdomain, aliasdomain.

Courier, Postfix, proftpd should work without a problem.
But your bind needs to be updated, too (but thats normaly done via the status "change").

Thats what comes to my mind right now.
04-30-2007 06:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbrouhard Offline

Kewl.. Looks like I got a little bit of work to do. The really hard part is the physical copy of files without me FTPIng in and copying around.

Anyways, one last question. How do you change passwords from console for the control panel ? This would be useful if I get locked out for whatever reason (ispCP doesn't like my passwords).
04-30-2007 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi

I think there are some people interested in a converter plesk->ispcp. grungy and me at least :-) so if you need help (grungy may test) - should be possible.
I have a little better situation: Plesk and ispCP are not on the same server...

To the Admin Password:
As I understand the passwords (or some of them) are crypted with unique keys (located in the /var/www/ispcp folders - in gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php and engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl - keep a safe copy and make a dump of table admin in db ispcp (the admin row...).

/joximu
04-30-2007 07:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply