Current time: 04-16-2024, 05:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RC6 -> RC7
kbe Offline

RE: RC6 -> RC7
(01-11-2009 06:27 AM)pgentoo Wrote:  I see that this limitation was removed for alias domains, but it still seems to be enforced for subdomains. The problem is very similar for me as the Typo3 problem. I develop several sites that allow multiple domains to be run off the same DocumentRoot/Database/etc... When I do development for these, i like to just setup a few different subdomains to the site to test the system is working as expected. I suppose I could do just use alias domains instead, but then i have to have multiple free domains to work with. Sad

I could also see myself doing a simliar thing to the language specific sites that another poster mentioned. en.domain.com, es.domain.com, etc...

I second that... I have a site that uses client1.domain.tld, client2.domain.tld etc. all from the same TYPO3 installation. Can't really do this with domain aliases, because it will generate a separate DNS zone file for each alias. Instead, the subdomains should be handled in the zone file for domain.tld.

Would this be a quick patch or a big job?

Thanks,
Karsten
04-07-2009 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply