Current time: 04-24-2024, 09:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How many domains are you running?
ispcomm Offline

RE: How many domains are you running?
xister Wrote:The big problem are the log files.
We have five open logs files for one domain. Sad
Yes, their number and their handling is what I'm painfully aware of. Thanks for the pointers. I had already found the mod_log_spread one, but since my language is not german I hadn't found the other one.

I have studied the way gplhost solved their stuff (and for that matter I have studied all other open and many proprietary control panels released in the last 10 years). I have a solution for my own vhcs servers (but it breaks compatibility so it's a post 1.0.0 thing).

If you're curious, my solution only uses a single combined log file for all domains (and an extra error file, also for all domains). Logs are then tailed and fed in the database by a single process. A separate process filters them and feeds awstats. There's a house-keeping process that makes sure databases are compact and fast (i.e. not rrd as that looses too much data, but also well under the 2-3 million rows that vhcs would keep if I let it).

I could not believe it when I first discovered vhcs had set up a separate log file just for the bytes exchange on each request (that is just plain lazy and stupid).

ispcomm.

PS: Omega started when I was to fork vhcs by myself. So I've been lurking ispcp since the beginning and I've been hoping it would move on from where vhcs left. While seeing much effort from the developers, I won't hide my disappointment versus the actual results. Ispcp looks more like a facelift to vhcs instead of dealing with the structural problems that are present in it. This is why I decided to become more active in the development trying to help out amaic (as much as I can).
05-05-2008 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How many domains are you running? - hendry - 07-23-2007, 08:39 PM
RE: How many domains are you running? - ispcomm - 05-05-2008 06:35 PM