Current time: 04-24-2024, 02:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Willing to pay for new features?
mike548141 Offline

RE: Willing to pay for new features?
Yeah I was thinking how to reasonably handle the transfer. There are probably people that know better ways out there but my idea would be using Google checkout, or Paypal, to pay into a ispCP fund.
When the project owners accept the code they release the cash to the developers account.

Maybe something like,
1) A user publishes an idea on the forum for a feature.
2) The user/community uses the forum to flesh out the specific attributes and requirements of the code to be created
3) If there is enough monetary interest in the feature from the user/s then ?someone? creates the feature as a "product" for sale on Google checkout.
4) Set the cost of the "product" at $1
5) Each user can donate what they wish by purchasing as many copies of the "product" as they wish e.g. 5 x product feature A and 10 x product feature B is a donation of $15.
6) This should make it easy to track how much money has been donated towards each feature and by who i.e. 400 purchases of feature A by users x, y, z...
7) A developer (somewhere/somehow) creates the required code and the project owners decide if they will accept it into the tree
8) Once the project owners accept the code they release the cash donated (for the specific feature) to the developer

Of course this does mean that we are donating in the hope a developer comes along but I would happily donate on that basis since individually it should be small amounts. And I think that is better than the people promising to pay and then the developer having to chase them all up.

MC
05-01-2010 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willing to pay for new features? - mike548141 - 05-01-2010 05:33 PM
RE: Willing to pay for new features? - Nuxwin - 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM