Current time: 04-25-2024, 04:42 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Redirect to offsite server during downtime
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

RE: Redirect to offsite server during downtime
(05-20-2009 05:24 PM)ephigenie Wrote:  The question is ... you got your 2nd Dns outside ... ok.
And where's your ispCP installation ?

I guess inside the currently down facility.. so you cannot even use ispCP to switch something.
You will need a 2nd ispCP installation outside your facility.
Else this switch doesn't help - thats what i mean.

What may help is a complete HA - ispCP installation with heartbeat, drbd and so on. But even then you got a problem with your ip routing (cross facility routing) - so you only gather your data.

Yes, my dns is offsite, and my ispcp is in the down facility (in this case). I wasn't asking for some automated wait to fail the sites over to the "down for maintenance" page... I simply was suggesting having the configs already created (another set of zone files), and then just be able to manually go into named on the offsite dns server, and change to point to the other set of zone files, should something horrible go down in the main datacenter. I wasn't asking for the ability to make this switch via ispcp panel. Smile
(05-20-2009 06:50 PM)rbtux Wrote:  depends on your setup. Assuming you use bgp4 (as every isp does) you could route a /32 IP to your ispcp box and use it as virtual address. In case one facility goes down, the ip is rerouted to the second box. (For that purpose you configure the prefix at the backupsite with a lower localpref, so when the ibgp session to the router of your mainfacility goes down, the backup route becomes the best valid route...)

I'm not running my own BGP, but I suppose this is something i could get setup with my provider. I'm just not really to this point yet...

At the time i get a full hot standby setup, this would make sense for sure.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2009 05:01 AM by pgentoo.)
05-22-2009 04:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redirect to offsite server during downtime - pgentoo - 05-22-2009 04:57 AM