Current time: 04-23-2024, 07:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
RatS Offline
Project Leader

RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
First of all: Thank you for your interest in participating, Mastacheata.
And a very huge thanks to kilburn for the good answers. Few things I'd like to add:

(12-05-2009 03:19 AM)Mastacheata Wrote:  What kind of bugs are good to get into the project (more the frontend things or should I better start off getting deep into the backend, the daemon or things like that)?
As kilburn said: you are free to develop the part you like most (even if you will get in contact with the other parts). For you it this is PHP. ispCP OMEGA is predominantly written in PHP. Therefore, we need more PHP Coders than C or PERL.
Where to start: This question is not easy. But I try to give you a hint. We organize our tasks in Milestones. The next open Milestone will be Omeag 1.1.0. You can find all open bugs there. If you like an unassigned Ticket there, choose it, work on it, add a patch. (#1257 is okay, too.)

(12-05-2009 03:19 AM)Mastacheata Wrote:  How do free developers like myself fit in there?
Exactly. Sometimes I try to assign tickets to developers where I think they fit. Developers are always free of rejecting this tasks.

If you need any help, feel free to contact someone of the ispCP staff. Internally we have a list with contact data and you will find your way around.

If you have any problems with the code, members of the team or your task, please contact me.

I hope we convinced you, that you find your place in the ispCP Team and there is only left to say: Welcome on board!
12-05-2009 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start - RatS - 12-05-2009 06:37 AM