Current time: 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update ispCP database schema ... FAILED
ericliang Offline

RE: Update ispCP database schema ... FAILED
I ran in the same problem while upgrading 1.0.4 to 1.0.5

It didn't connect to DB. Since I didn't know at that time the root password (and users wanted their email again) I decided to change to a password I know, ie resetted the MySQL root password to a different one.

This made hell break loose for me because, even though I set the password to new one (I used a PHP function I found while googling) and ispcp update completed fine, all POP3 passwords are now invalid.

This means that users need to log on to their CP and change their passwords.

I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. This was the 3rd upgrade on ispcp on that system I think. The previous ones had no problems at all.

Can someone help me understand what went wrong? I don't know how ispcp works internally in order to try and fix things myself so if you know what happened in my case please let me know.

What I did was
1) try to upgrade - DB connection failed (password YES)
2) thought ispcp.conf password is plain text and tried to get on mysql from cmd using this pass - failed
3) ran mysql in no password - changed root password
4) found some PHP script that encrypted the password because I found out this was not the case. Added the encrypted (new) password in ispcp.conf and .old.
5) upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 and it showed fine (took a long time to "change passwords" or some similar message)
6) web login worked fine.
7) pop3 logins failed with wrong password message.

Should ispcp survive? What was this "password regeneration" that paused installation for some time?

Should this happen? Should I had ran /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-passwd? Would that fix things in my case?

Please tell me what I should have done because I have a fear now for next upgrade :-/

Thanks!
05-21-2010 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update ispCP database schema ... FAILED - ericliang - 05-21-2010 08:17 PM