Current time: 04-24-2024, 01:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
We need your help!!! Where is the Community ?
raphael Offline

RE: We need your help!!! Where is the Community ?
Quote:So the general advice is dont use ISPCP Omega as is at the moment because its unstable and won't be upgradable. Then we have people who dont want to build new servers using VHCS as a control panel.
I know it's not easy; I'm also in this situation but all I can do is try to do the things ASAP, but without collaboration I can't go any faster. RatS wants me to test all my changes before committing, but, does he even realise that that means to recreate a vm, get the new sources, install, and test? well, I don't have enough time for that, I barely have time now.

Also, there are things that really disappoint me from other people. An example? well, I introduced the new way to handle the translations but even when all that needs to be done to update the main catalogue is run one script and then an other one to update the translations... nobody does it. I have to do it (and after that people complain because I made some other changes to the translations; how does people want me to see those changes between thousands of code indention changes? updating the main catalogue would have been more than enough).

I joined the project trying to make some changes that were really required, instead of only making them on our systems. I even contacted VHCS RELOADED and VHCS OMEGA teams so they could work together, but it didn't really happen.

If people can't handle the way I do the things, that really need to be done, then I'll better step apart and work on my own (and probably end up rewriting everything from scratch)
09-03-2007 05:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need your help!!! Where is the Community ? - raphael - 09-03-2007 05:05 AM