Current time: 04-25-2024, 07:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Improving mail accounts
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Improving mail accounts
Hi

I'd like to propose some improvements I realized during communication with customers...

Today (ispcp 1.0) it's like this:
- you either create a mail account (with optional forwarding) or a mail forwarding.

I also have a webmail (horde) where the customers can change password and enable/disable/edit the autoresponder (I can provide the changes in the passwd and vacation module sometime).

This brings some problems...
- forwarding all the mails prevent having an autoresponder managed by the customer itself (since no password is given).
- with an forwarding only address you cannot use the SMTP-Auth - because of the same reason (no password).

The only way: delete the forwarding address and add a real account (inkl. forwarding), but then you have to log into webmail from time to time to delete the messages.

Another thing:
the handling of real aliases (not exactly forwarding) is very practical here (can only be done with forwarding addresses).

So I wish :-):
when defining a mail address you should be able to (some may depend on each other):
- add a password
- enable/disable the use of Smtp Auth for this address (is a sender-address)
- enable/disable a storage of the mails
- enable/disable a forwarding
- enable/disable an autoresponder
- add a list of aliases (mails to an alias address just go into this account)
- maybe more (or less - maybe with aliases you dont' need the smtp-auth checkbox...), but maybe more when including spam and virusfilter into ispcp.

with this, you don't have to delete an address just to change from postbox to forwarding address.

... can be improved....

/Joxi
08-22-2009 07:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improving mail accounts - joximu - 08-22-2009 07:39 AM
RE: Improving mail accounts - kilburn - 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
RE: Improving mail accounts - joximu - 08-22-2009, 04:53 PM
RE: Improving mail accounts - kilburn - 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
RE: Improving mail accounts - joximu - 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM