Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Domain aliases with same mount point
greg Offline

Domain aliases with same mount point
Hi all !
I need something that I can't do with the actual version of ispcp... (nightly 20070627)

Some of my customer's websites have several domain names for the same content. If I add domain aliases, I have the choice between take another document_root or make a redirection. The solution seems to be the second case, because another document_root is not appropriate for a unique website.

But in some case, we don't want a redirection ! We want keeping the url with the domain alias (we can have several reasons for that... web indexing, dynamic content based upon the domain...)

So what I want is the possibility to define a domain alias with a mount point like "/" and also to have several domain aliases with the same mount point !

In order to have this working, I make two little modifications by shortcutting the checks in the web admin :
Code:
file /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/input-checks.php line 409 :
        if (($token) && (!chk_username($token, $num)))

file /var/www/ispcp/gui/reseller/add_alias.php line 203 :
            // whe have alias with same mount point !!! ERROR
            //$err_al = tr("There are alias with same mount point");

It seems to be good for me... but I still have a problem : I think that you must have a good reason to forbidden this configuration ! And I don't find any answer about it.

I only see one bug with this method : when I create a domain on an existing mount point, the document_root seems to be overridden by the default content, and if I delete one of the aliases, the document_root will be erased.

But if this is the only problem, I think that it is not very difficult to check if another alias use the same mount point, and in this case to not overridden/erase the document_root.

Thanks.
07-05-2007 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Domain aliases with same mount point - greg - 07-05-2007 02:10 PM