Ticket #1924 (new enhancement)
Complete rewrite of ispCP Setup and more...
|Reported by:||nuxwin||Owned by:|
|Priority:||feature||Milestone:||ispCP ω 1.2.0|
|Component:||Setup||Version:||ispCP ω nightly build|
Description (last modified by nuxwin) (diff)
The ispCP Team plan to include the following goals in the future ispCP release:
- Complet rewrite of Setup :
We have begin to rewrite the ispCP setup. The new setup should provides the following :
- Gui interface ;
- System configuration including a cached data support ( based on Debian Debconf configuration tool ) ;
- System installation based on several maintenance scripts ;
- New support to update the conffiles ;
- i18n/l10n full support ;
This also includes :
- Complete rewrite of ispCP debug system ( replaced by an POO Simple logging utility ) ;
- New errors handler ( POO exception handling ) ;
- Added new helpers library ( to provide Perl boolean support, and several functions for variables handling ).
Note : Many plan of setup rewrite is based on Debian standard to ensure the total compatibility with it, and too, to facilitate the further development.