Ticket #2217 (closed defect: duplicate)
MX entry creation fails in ispcp 1.0.4
|Reported by:||aseques||Owned by:||nuxwin|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||ispCP ω 1.0.5|
|Component:||Frontend (GUI)||Version:||ispCP ω 1.0.4|
The dns managent currently is quite fragile, but most of the stuff is workable. This is the biggest issue I'm finding ATM.
- Create a domain example.com with the rigths to edit DNS
- Switch to the user and create a mx entry pointing to a.example.com with prio 10
When you do a "dig mx example.com @your_server" it just returns a servfail. The reason is that the entries are created like:
IN MX 10 a.example.com.
When they should be like:
example.com. IN MX 10 a.example.com
And bind can't work with that.
With the set of scripts I'm using (http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-4255.html) I already fixed the problem setting the domain_dns to the value of example.com. (the domain name ended with a '.')
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Priority changed from normal to critical
- Severity changed from Don't know to Medium