Ticket #2276 (closed defect: fixed)
Wrong instructions for removing old files during an update
|Reported by:||nuxwin||Owned by:||nuxwin|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||ispCP ω 1.0.5|
|Component:||Frontend (GUI)||Version:||ispCP ω 1.0.5|
Currently, all files INSTALL specify the wrong commands for deleting old files.
This is problematic for the following reasons:
1. Update broken due to the new SquirrelMail version integrated in 1.0.5:
The update instructions are wrong because the cp command can't override (replace) the -ReleaseNotes directory (that is provided by older versions of SquirrelMail) by the -ReleaseNotes file provided by the new SquirrelMail version.
2. Files that are not provided by the new ispCP package:
With the current deletion command, all files that are not provided by the new package are not deleted during update.
To fix this two issues, we must just save configuration files and users data. All other files should be deleted.
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Summary changed from Wrong instructions for removing old files during an update. to Wrong instructions for removing old files during an update
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted