|Version 106 (modified by anonymous, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Wishlist for future development of ispCP ω OMEGA
rework Domain Management:
- Divide Users and Domains to get flexible Handling of Mountpoints and Subdomains enhanced DomainManagement
- Change from bind to powerdns
- Multi-Domain-Accounts like Confixx (remove Alias-System!)
- Sub-/AliasDomain? link to another page/ip
- add Directory-Listing (on / off) to available features DirectoryIndex
- enhanced htaccess/htpasswd management htpasswd_management?
- possibly integrate Frontpage-Extensions (will be somewhat hard because it breaks some other things) FrontPage_50?
- add SSI on / off to available features ServerSideIncludes
- "expert settings" -> free field for custom apache settings chooseable for vhosts, and for whole server (only admin) can be combined with a "protected - field" (like it is in htaccess)
- add support for mod_python (shouldn't be that hard ;) -> mod_python is thread-safe :)
- add support for ruby on rails (on a per user basis only possible with fastcgi again)
- add variable vhost-path (i.e. subdomain points to a subdirectory of a main domain)
- add SSL - Management (per domain http/https) SSL-thoughts
- add mod_security support (http://www.modsecurity.org)
- add support for java-tomcat Integrating tomcat
- add support for mod_dav (webdav)
- add access to htdocs hostname/~domain.tld (mod_userdir? sites-enabled vhosts?) and to subdomains and aliases if in separate htdocs (hostname/~domain.tld / hostname/~alias.tld / hostname/~subdomain.domain.tld) to use the webs even before the ordered domain is pointing to the server
- long arrays (HTTP_GET_VARS, HTTP_POST_VARS) on/off-switchable
- Make ispCP PHP Interface , so that it works with modules. (Your own modules)
- Allow users to change between PHP4 and PHP5
- suhosin integrated
- Restart of Services per web
- Monitoring of Services per Daemon
- Notification if something horribly fails
- scponly Chroot for SCPonly
- chrooted user environment -> somewhat simple with a good ... Wrapper - Script...
- more variables for welcome email like hosting package
- in the statistics page, add the possibility to order domains by traffic, disk usage etc...
- abstract listing of directory by using ftp
- add mail + ftp user(s) when adding new domain (ftp is needed to let directory-browsing work) User-Patch
- WAP GUI for mobile devices Really?
- New UGI structure like in Cpanel
- Support lighttpd as an alternative to Apache
- quota hard limit (can be realized with a script) Script
- db-name and db-user-name prefix DB-Username-Prefix
- reseller can access all databases of his users (with phpmyadmin too), for backup and helpdesk purposes
- A New Button to let ispCP Generate the User und Password, because Customers couldn´t know if theres a Database with same Name already exist on the System, like, USER553647 ....
- Fully Integration of one of these backup tools Backup-Manager, Flexbackup, AMANDA or BackupPc. Where BackupPC is the most powerfull of all.
- Enhanced backup Functions with this patch : User Patch
- Store BackupInfo in Mysql
- Possibility to put backups automatically on a Backupserver (via ftp) and loadable through user
- Possibility to start a Backup itself ("generate Backup now")
- have Backup Revisions (if enabled in admin) Max Number of revisions Reseller editable ( everyday, every 2nd day, weekly, monthly ) The number of revisions allows "Backup Placeholders" so you can define what type of Backup for what place should be
- Reseller can completely disable backups for certain domains (its a feature)
- Reseller can backup/restore all users belongs to him incl. mailboxes, databases, homedirs, settings (very important, because manually to backup all clients one by one is not really pretty)
- User can backup/restore his complete mailboxes, databases, homedir, settings
- resellers should have own ftp login where they can download their backups (very important), users can download his backup in backupdirectory
- maybe settings for scheduled backups for resellers, incl. incremental backups. select check box in user list, which users should be backupped.
- Interact with foreign DNS - Servers (i.e. completely disable dns services, or use something like "shadow dns system")
- Integrate Secondary DNS support(incl. afxr & automatical notify with powerdns ;) )
- complete DNS-Management incl. cname/in a/mx... even to external server/domains (there exists a nice solution in "providerprogramm?" ) possible to limit accounts to one domain to allow 1 - domain - only user even if the real - Account has more than one domain
- DynDNS support. incl. ip-update-function to make secondlevel domains with dynamic ip usable (not so important until now we can use a cname to point to some dyndns - name) possible with GNUDIP?
- User Information at subdomain-delete (checkbox?)
- Expired Date for Accounts, if the user cancel his account
- abstract filesystem access from frontend in ftp-access (we need that for suexec & multiserver support)
- integrate MAIA
- integrate per-domain Cronjobs
- Domainregistration possibility(Mail-Robot ?) eventually we can look into gsales for that and open an api?
if to complex, domain-check (using registrar-api) in orderpanel (to make sure the domain is free or not, then fax for kk)
- new database layout (erd)
- eventually ldap as backend ... ? its easy to replicate on all used servers... ?
- resellers have an ftp login, where all users belonging to him are listed with their homedirs
- resellers and users have ssh-shell (allow/disallow by admin for resellers, if allowed, resellers can allow/disalow for users) hierarchical chroot, reseller is chrooted above of users, users chrooted only in their homedirs (possible with virtual users? or only with systemusers?)
- directorystructure hierarchial too, reseller has homedir with ftp access, user homedirs are subfolders of resellers homedir where the users belong to, admin can not add users, to do that he create reseller for himself and adds users through his reseller account, so the management with ftp/ssh/scp/backups is simplier for backup and helpdesk purposes. the function in gui to change to users gui should be like in vhcs2 (admin to resellers and all users, resellers to their users) with those functions resellers can offer for their users own support
- Ability to synchronise two remote servers so that you can offer high availability
- Functions to check user input/validation, management module for individual software (überarbeitete Funktionen / Klassen für Eingabevalidierung, Management der einzelnen Software etc) -> Hook - Konzept von Syscp
- customers has individual php.ini. Either a full edit in textarea or just editting of some predefined settings. Admin/reseller has option to enable/disable this.
- Billing Interface that works with ispCP
- Simple interface for adding future modules (eg. adding gameserver management)
- Integrate ASP (eg. mono).
- API to enable specific areas on a per-user basis (e.g. just domain management, just DNS management, etc.)
- Total user space quota. I.e. a quote for the webspace+mailspace+dbspace, not one quota for each area. (or make this switchable)
API for billing system integration. Automated creation of ordered plans (automated creation of client's web hosting / domain information based on plan ordered through billing API)
- ability to extract zip files on filemanager. it is very needed future for users who need to upload large number of small files.
- Possibility to configure a mail account as a mailbox and a redirection simultaneously (Confix actually got that one right: there's a set of mailboxes and a set of mail addresses; mail addresses can be redirected either to a mailbox or to another address)
- Possibility to set quota for e-mail accounts (a howto can be found at http://vhcs.puuhis.net/wiki/index.php/Mail_quota).
- Get rid of postfix access to files (domains, aliases, transport etc.) - switch to db access so that other programs can easily create or change mail stuff.
- Temporary mail redirects (e.g. vacancy redirects). Could be done via recipient_bcc_maps in postfix.
- dovecot or cyrus-imap (without patching), and sieve, on a per-user basis.
- support for configuring dovecot imap/pop3 server
- support for configuring exim mail server
- integration of roundcube webmail
- (graphical) sieve admin in mail client (per-mailuser filter rules)
- user mailing list support (integrate Mailman)
- GUI to whitelist email adresses from postgrey (/etc/postgrey/whitelist_recipients)
- Add support for alter outgoing mails to support lopd.
- vhcs2 setup, ssl certs for proftpd and postfix are not created but entered into the configs; btw a hint at end of setup that these should be created manually and where to save them to would be another possibility
- overhaul autoresponder; doesn't seem to work for many people or not at all. ClamAV + Spamassian
- Customer backup problem tar.gz -> 4GB ? unpacking throws errors! -> let them split backups
Allow new domain owners who aren't yet live in DNS to view and interact with their sites. Not in subdomain/subdirectory because this often breaks CSS. Possibilities - user edits their hosts file. Or website is temporarily available at www.ispaddress.com:portnum.
Progam installer fantastico like Extend on the apt-get all the possibilities, to install, and upgrade php common scripts, based on mysql. Nice GUI for resellers and end users.
- User based white/black listing of mail recipients.
- Add a " SPAM " button so users can tag mail as spam.
- Add a " Bulk Mail " folder to catch what may be considdererd spam,
and allow the users to decide if it is, or isn't spam.
- Allow " Bulk Mail " folder to be emptied easily (one-click link)
- Use RoundCube instead of SquirrelMail
- Adding DomainKeys and SPF records edition
- When creating an account for a domain, or a user on a domain,
automatically create the associated mail and FTP account in "
pending " status, and create an approve-deny option for the
domain admin, or the IspCP admin. Thus allowing the domain admin,
or IspCP admin to approve the features for the account or deny them for the account
before the ftp or web mail systems are accessible to the user.
(i.e. a check mark to allow web mail. no check mark means no access to web mail.. do this for each option available for the account. Permit auto create accounts after success payment process for do automated systems, for a real Internet Hosting Provider
- Themes based on CSS styles, able to edit, customize and develop a cute version of ispCP. Could have a wysiwyg editor for fix small bugs and do some adjustments, but at first step just be able to apply a differente theme without edit all files.