ispCP - Board - Support
Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Development Area (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? (/thread-12436.html)

Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - b_admin - 12-15-2010 02:27 AM

Hi,

yesterday I updated two threads and stated that the problem is solved but today those two postings are gone as well as the change I made to the thread title of the first posts which I preceeded with [solved] resp. [Gelöst].

The postings were in no way offending, illegal or in other way against any law or forum rules. Could someone please explain why they are deleted?

These threads are affected:
Error upgrading 1.0.6->1.0.7: database pw becoming incorrect
Fehler bei Upgrade 1.0.6->1.0.7: DB Passwd immer falsch
Postings were posted yesterday (mon, dec 13th) around late midday (CET).

EDIT: and the number of views is also decreased.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - zpin - 12-15-2010 04:12 AM

There has been a restore from backup of a few threads because of an incident in the french corner (all threads were gone).
Seems like unfortunately some data got overwritten in the process. Might just have been bad timing.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - b_admin - 12-15-2010 04:16 AM

Hmmm, not satisfying but at least there is a kind of reason for deleting.
Thanks.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - zpin - 12-15-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:and the number of views is also decreased.
Well, as far as I know this number does not usually decrease when posts are manually deleted. So I guess this is the only explanation.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - BioALIEN - 12-16-2010 12:11 AM

I can confirm that there was a data restore procedure carried out by the ispCP admins. During this time, some of your data may have been overwritten. While I understand this has been an inconvenience for you, it was necessary to restore the French Corner.

Please accept our apology and I hope you can rewrite your posts on the above mentioned threads.

Thank you,

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - ephigenie - 12-20-2010 02:01 AM

Apologies - we had a problem while restoring a backup - as such, that some recent posts got lost ( around 10) .

Sry for that. The restore was needed due to the fact, that someone we former trusted (nuxwin) deleted out of anger the whole french corner.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - b_admin - 12-20-2010 11:26 PM

(12-20-2010 02:01 AM)ephigenie Wrote:  Apologies - we had a problem while restoring a backup - as such, that some recent posts got lost ( around 10) .
I see, very bad timing for my posts.

Quote:Sry for that. The restore was needed due to the fact, that someone we former trusted (nuxwin) deleted out of anger the whole french corner.
Damn! That guy must be crazy!
Hope it's all running fine now.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - Deepanshu - 01-15-2011 05:01 PM

Please check your Mailbox and verify your eMail adress. Then it works

I got LOOPING back to the user and password input form when I entered correct username and password to login.

RE: Q: why are postings getting deleted in this forum? - BioALIEN - 01-19-2011 02:33 AM

@Deepanshu, it is clear your post here is off topic.

If you have a specific issue, create a new topic and explain your problem so that others can help you. Thanks.