ispCP - Board - Support
[solved] Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: [solved] Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally (/thread-15950.html)

[solved] Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - RouterRat - 03-29-2012 12:32 PM

Hi,

I have a client that I am hosting on ispCP.
I am using another server for email(Google apps).

When my contact form sends email to info@mysite.com, server goes and puts it in the inbox on ispCP not out to Google..

How do I tell it to go out to where my MX records point in my Registrar's control panel.

-----
Same thing happens if two of my clients are hosted in same server, ispCP is sending emails internally, they are not going to the internet.

*btw my ispCP has a local addres it's interface is behind a firewall with NAT does this makes a difference?

RE: Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - joximu - 03-29-2012 07:58 PM

you should create the customer with "mail disabled" - then ispcp does not tell postfix to watch for this domain.

Now - to change things:
- set Mail to disabled for that customer
(maybe remove all mail addresses from the customer first - also the 3 default adresses)
- remove the domainname from /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains and from /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains
- run "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains
- be sure that either the server uses an external dns (not the bind on the ispcp server) - or make sure that the MX record on the local bind for this domain points to the correct external server

/J

RE: Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - RouterRat - 03-30-2012 08:30 AM

Manage Users > mydomain.com > Edit Domain >
Mail accounts limit
(-1 disabled, 0 unlimited)
I've changed this section to -1 , after deleting all of the emails from the domain.

/etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains
/etc/postfix/ispcp/domains

mydomain.com vdmn_entry, I found these and put # at the beginning.
Like this;
#mydomain.com vdmn_entry

Then ran postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains .. It took it, didn't see any response from CLI.

When I do "ifconfig" , my first two name servers are from my ISP and 3rd one is 8.8.4.4

"make sure that the MX record on the local bind for this domain points to the correct external server"
How do I do this?

is it from" Add DNS zone's record "?

Thanks.

RE: Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - joximu - 03-30-2012 11:03 AM

look at /var/cache/bind/mydomain.conf or similar.

there's a MX record.

Also set the working backup - somewhere in /etc/ispcp/bind/working/mydomain....

Maybe you also can set it via the DNS settings in the panel...?

when changing the zone files increment the serial!

/J

RE: Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - RouterRat - 03-30-2012 11:36 PM

(03-30-2012 11:03 AM)joximu Wrote:  Maybe you also can set it via the DNS settings in the panel...?

/J

Yes this worked all along with other changes I've made.
I had those empty.

Thanks so much. Smile

RE: Emails don't go out to MX records, only internally - joximu - 03-31-2012 01:38 AM

Yes - both must be correct:

local bind (DNS) and local postfix (Mail) - otherwise you have more or less problems...

/J <closing>