ispCP - Board - Support
[Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: Usage (/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP (/thread-9774.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - weaselball - 02-28-2010 12:28 PM

Sorry is this is covered in the forums somewhere, but I did a search and either can't find it, or I'm searching for the wrong thing.

I need to change the IP address of a domain. I've added the new IP to the control panel, and going to the domain details of the user in question, I can see which IP they're assigned, but I see nowhere to change it. Am I just blind?

I saw in the wiki how to change the main system IP, but that's not what I need to do. I just need to change one domain.

RE: Change Assigned Domain IP - kilburn - 02-28-2010 07:23 PM

There's currently no option to change the IP through the GUI, so it will involve some manual work. Basically:

1. Change the domain_ip_id field from the "domains" table in the ispcp database to the new IP id (see the "server_ips" table). Additionally, set the "status" field from the same record to "change". You can do this database modifications either directly with the mysql console client or through phpmyadmin.
2. Login to a shell, and execute (warning: this will regenerate all the configuration files, removing any custom change that you might have done):
Code:
cp /etc/ispcp.conf /etc/ispcp.old.conf
perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update
rm /etc/ispcp.old.conf
3. ...
4. Profit! Wink

RE: Change Assigned Domain IP - weaselball - 03-01-2010 03:31 PM

Kilburn,

You are, as always, a wealth of information. Thanks for helping me out. It worked a treat. The customer and I thank you.

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - taluma - 07-21-2010 06:17 PM

You are pro
When I run
#perl /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update
I got error
Can't locate ispcp-setup-methods.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/.. /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update line 61.

Please help me
I have use
# /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr
then, it OK

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - kilburn - 07-21-2010 06:44 PM

Try with:
Code:
cp /etc/ispcp.conf /etc/ispcp.old.conf
cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/
perl ispcp-update
rm /etc/ispcp.old.conf

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - taluma - 07-21-2010 07:47 PM

Use
#cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/
#perl ispcp-update
and get error
----
Backup engine is currently running. Aborting...

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
Correct it and re-run this program.

You can find help at http://isp-control.net/forum
----
I still don't see different from featured of two command
#/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update
and

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - kilburn - 07-21-2010 09:36 PM

(07-21-2010 07:47 PM)taluma Wrote:  Use
#cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/
#perl ispcp-update
and get error
----
Backup engine is currently running. Aborting...

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
Correct it and re-run this program.

You can find help at http://isp-control.net/forum
----
The error is pretty much self-explanatory. Your system is (was?) being backed up, so it won't allow you to run the update manager. Wait until the backup process finishes and try again.

Quote:I still don't see different from featured of two command
#/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update
Running the update manager forces a regeneration of all the ispcp managed configurations in your server.

Quote:and
Running the request manager only executes any pending requests. If there are no pending requests, it does nothing at all.

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - taluma - 07-22-2010 03:58 PM

Thanks very much, You are good "Store" and kind

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - steff517 - 01-03-2011 05:06 PM

Before I found this post, I just changed the apache virtualhost config directly. Unfortunately it was overwritten every time I made a modification to a domain in the ispCP webinterface.
I made a lot of modifications in the ispcp configurations, that's why I don't like to regenerate everything using the update script. Is it enough to modify the apache virtualhost and to apply the database change? The new IP should be used immediately (due to the virtualhost change) and on the next config-regeneration it should stay due to the DB change. Am I right?

RE: [Resolved] Change Assigned Domain IP - motokochan - 01-05-2011 03:14 AM

(01-03-2011 05:06 PM)steff517 Wrote:  Is it enough to modify the apache virtualhost and to apply the database change? The new IP should be used immediately (due to the virtualhost change) and on the next config-regeneration it should stay due to the DB change. Am I right?

That sounds correct. Keep in mind that if you are using the local DNS server you will need to update the IP in the zone files as well.