Current time: 04-20-2024, 05:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Migrate form mailserver to ispCP
volker-p Offline

Migrate form mailserver to ispCP
Hi Guys,

I like to migrate some domains including email from a linux postfix system to ispCP.

Does anybody have some SQL Scripts to import all the email addresses and aliases e.g. (But this is not my main problem, I can do this on my self.)

My main problems are

a) how to regenerate all email configs from Database.
b) how to migrate the emails itself. (I don't want to do user migration with email client.) Can I just copy all postfix folders to the ispCP Mail folders of the users?

BR
Volker
07-08-2011 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Migrate form mailserver to ispCP
Hi

maybe the cli-script (search the forum) can help to migrate the settings.

a) when you have put the ata in the mail_users table always set the fiels status to "toadd" (or later to "change") and let the request manager run (see debug in the adminpanel as admin).

b) the default for ispcp is imap = courier, and it uses maildir format. So if you already use maildir format then you can copy (try with an account to see where the folders are and how they are named - maildir is not maildir...).
and you need to set the owner:group (vmail:mail)

/Joximu
07-09-2011 01:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
volker-p Offline

RE: Migrate form mailserver to ispCP
Hi Joximu

(07-09-2011 01:43 AM)joximu Wrote:  a) when you have put the ata in the mail_users table always set the fiels status to "toadd" (or later to "change") and let the request manager run (see debug in the adminpanel as admin).

a) does work. thanks.

after adding the email-addresses to the database I execute the following command on my host. (I didn't found debug in adminpanel.)

# /etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon stop
# /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr
# /etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon start

got from http://isp-control.net/documentation/de/...ate_config

attached you will find a very stupid bash script which creates a full sql query to add new mailman aliases.

I will check b) the next days

Attached File(s)
.txt  createMailmanISPCSQLQuery.sh.txt (Size: 2.05 KB / Downloads: 10)
07-12-2011 06:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply