Current time: 06-16-2024, 11:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High load on ispcp server
Kika Offline

RE: High load on ispcp server
BeNe Wrote:And this does make sense ?
Well, it is not a really fix and when a other app create the high load averge ?
Your Apache will restart and restart and restart.

Greez BeNe

I don't use other apps witch normaly generate high load, my high load always caused by php5-cgi.

If i kill the php when the load higher than 1 the load going down about 0.8 within a minute. I tired it. The normal load on my server about 0.4 so i think that this script can't restart and restart and restart Wink

But if you want you can use this script only for e-mail alert... (replace the kill php and the apache restart lines with a mail sender)

That was a sollution when i used php 5.2.0 (i don't like the phonecalls after midnight...), but since i upgraded to the 5.2.5 the load never was higher...
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2008 11:21 PM by Kika.)
02-04-2008 11:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Quote:The normal load on my server about 0.4 so i think that this script can't restart and restart and restart
Sure ? And when the Backup is running for example?
I know how you mean it, but maybe it is better with a time than with a Load Averge. A high load can be done by every program or service.
My Server has also a load about 0.4 but there are also higher load sometimes.

How many open PHP Processes exists at this time ?

Greez BeNe
02-04-2008 11:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kika Offline

BeNe Wrote:
Quote:The normal load on my server about 0.4 so i think that this script can't restart and restart and restart
Sure ? And when the Backup is running for example?
I know how you mean it, but maybe it is better with a time than with a Load Averge. A high load can be done by every program or service.
My Server has also a load about 0.4 but there are also higher load sometimes.

How many open PHP Processes exists at this time ?

Greez BeNe

I created my own backup script, because i don't want to create backup from files, only from databases. (Maybe this can be a feature enable/disable backup of files/databases per domain/subdomain)

I think that this type of the backup what ispCP use not a server function, because this backup usuable only when i (as a user) deleted something (or overwrited) from my domain. I think that the server backup usuable when the HDDs/RAID are failed, but if i create the backup to the same hdd/raid...

Yes, you have right, this is not the perfect sollution, but this can be minimalize the time while the users see the internal error 500, and this is works automaticaly (when i'm not at my laptop, or i hanven't internet connection, etc...) and maybe this is usuable to others too.
02-05-2008 12:49 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

We had also many Error 500. There are many small problems like:

- Too many Apachelogfiles (5 open Logs for each domain)
--> http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/940
- Endless running php-process

Does the this ispCP Cron entry really kill the old process ?
Code:
# Look for and purge old sessions every 30 minutes
0,30 *     * * *     root   /var/www/ispcp/engine/tools/ispcpphptemp.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
If NOT, try this one from /etc/cron.d/php5
Code:
# Look for and purge old sessions every 30 minutes
09,39 *     * * *     root   [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -print0 | xargs -r -0 rm

Quote:Maybe this can be a feature enable/disable backup of files/databases per domain/subdomain
I mean there was something on the wishlist

Greez BeNe
02-05-2008 01:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
psygarden Offline

Backups don't cause high loads unless you're using bzip2 to compress the files.. (and even then there's probably a way to make it go faster / not as cpu-hogging)

php 5.2.0 sounds like a problem situation with fastcgi
02-06-2008 02:30 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

raphael Wrote:
Quote:psygarden: interesting find, your CPU has really dropped a lot since the php upgrade. Can you please keep us posted after you run this for a week and report back?
the thing is that the bug was fixed in 5.2.5; I've tried to get a diff from sapis/cgi we could ship in +etch11 but it seems to be too intrusive. I'll anyway build some of those packages for you people to test and report. Hopefully this way it will be fixed by etch r3

Hi raphael

any news about this? there are more and more ispcp admin with this problem... would be fine if we could present a solution...

/J
02-08-2008 11:22 PM
Kika Offline

If you insert a new task to the first place in the installation guide than this will not a problem anymore:
1th step: add dotdeb to the source list...
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008 06:30 AM by Kika.)
02-09-2008 06:28 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

thats not a real solution... lazy users will update a lot more packages than just php5-* over dotdeb if they just add the repository.. they will have a lot more problems than before!
02-09-2008 06:32 AM
Kika Offline

rbtux Wrote:thats not a real solution... lazy users will update a lot more packages than just php5-* over dotdeb if they just add the repository.. they will have a lot more problems than before!

I tested it, i upgraded all dotdeb packeges and my ispCPs working fine (i have 3 server with ispCP RC3, one of this more than 150 domains)
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008 06:51 AM by Kika.)
02-09-2008 06:51 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

well good to know... there are two examples in the german corner that pointed out the oposit... i self used the php-5 packages only an never had any problems...

Now I use ubuntu and with php 5.2.3 the problem didn't occur till now...
02-09-2008 06:53 AM