Current time: 06-14-2024, 07:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RoundCube Webmail
markg85 Offline

RoundCube Webmail
Hey,

Perhaps it`s a good idea to include RoundCube in the VHCS Omega - webmail tools?
you can find all the information of that project here: http://www.roundcube.net/

o well.. just reply here with your thoughts about that.
Thanx.
01-15-2007 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Attila Offline

RE: RoundCube Webmail
I have it running together with squirrel on vhcs2, and customers appreciate the choice. Some do indeed prefer the slick roundcube interface. Installation is easy, just put it in a directory under vhcs2, IIRC there was not much more.

Thus I guess it should be easy to get included in Omega etc.
01-15-2007 04:05 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

Exclamation RE: RoundCube Webmail
Hi Guy's,

Some like this and some like that!!

It have been an subject in the internal forum of the dev-team, but any way you are welcome to use what ever You like in your VHCS setup on your server, that's the beauty of VHCS, ain't it. Wink
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2007 04:35 PM by MicCo.)
01-15-2007 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markg85 Offline

MicCo Wrote:but any way you are welcome to use what ever You like in your VHCS setup on your server, that's the beauty of VHCS, ain't it. Wink

yea that cool Smile besides that i never got VHCS to work.. probably because i always use the latest distributions (Fedora Core 6 at this moment and i still have to try it on that one)

but i think it would be cool to have this in omega by default.
01-16-2007 12:36 AM
Shin Offline
Development Team - Junior
Dev Team

I prefer squirrelmail for functions, roundcube is nice only on the graphic part
01-16-2007 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MicCo Offline
Moderators

markg85 Wrote:
MicCo Wrote:but any way you are welcome to use what ever You like in your VHCS setup on your server, that's the beauty of VHCS, ain't it. Wink

yea that cool Smile besides that i never got VHCS to work.. probably because i always use the latest distributions (Fedora Core 6 at this moment and i still have to try it on that one)

but i think it would be cool to have this in omega by default.

We got VHCS running on large number of hosting servers (Debian), installed at first time, just working!!

By using Squirrelmail or Horde we will get access to many open source plugins, that you won't finde in RoundCube (Very nice graphics, yes, but it's all), like PDA option in Horde, user settings in Squirrelmail.

Some like the mother, some like the dauther, I just like to choose!! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2007 05:35 AM by MicCo.)
01-16-2007 05:34 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

Also, VERY Importen !! Remember how often there are securety risk in the different source codes, so when using this and that, You also have to keep track of reports for this information, update now and then, and maby as us, on a lot of servers, a work in hell!!
01-16-2007 05:39 AM
markg85 Offline

well.. horde and those others might be better in functions than roundcube.. they just lack the skins ans the user friendly stuff.. some people might care about functions and don`t give about the design, but i do care about the design in combination with the functions... so what i would like to see (not existing today as far as i know) is a webmail client as good designed as roundcube and as functional as those other webmail programs.. that would be the best combination (my opinion)
01-16-2007 06:58 AM
Shin Offline
Development Team - Junior
Dev Team

ehehe, we're forgetting one important thing, we can make an isp-control webmail, we're not obliged to use squirrel, round or horde, we are programmer so we can design and code our webmail with the functions that we want and the graphic that we like Wink. Only one thing, as we say in Italian, dai tempo al tempo (take time to time, wait Wink )
01-17-2007 12:23 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Why reinventing all this stuff?
Allthough "we" are programmers, "we" are not to many to just code every tool from scratch. Everything must be supported, bugfixing etc etc.

I'd suggest to invent some sort of interface to most of the tools (webmail, statistics, database-management etc etc) which can deal with the original tool.
I think the ISPs which are loving horde will have a regular look at the horde-security site and it should be possible for them to install the latest patches for theese tools without patching ispcp itself...
01-17-2007 09:12 AM