Current time: 04-20-2024, 04:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SUSE
crazybard Offline

SUSE
Looking at installed ispCP on SUSE 11.1, but I notice on the installation page it says it wont be supported after 1.07 ... does this mean 11.1/11.2 wont be? or SUSE in general wont be?
10-07-2010 01:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: SUSE
Hello ;

I've planned to update ispCP support for openSUSE 11.3 and then, remove old release support (11.1, 11.2).

http://isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2478
10-07-2010 03:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
woro Offline

For some reasons I have to use openSUSE 11.1 and cannot switch to a more recent.
So is there a way to keep up to date with ispcp? I'm not sure if support above means for installation or runtime.
01-25-2011 10:54 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

normally it means for both - but IMHO the installation is the more complex part.

And since there are too few people to test the future is not sure.

If you know the suse distribution well you get ispcp running... allthough with some manual modifications.

/J
01-26-2011 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
woro Offline

(01-26-2011 09:51 AM)joximu Wrote:  normally it means for both - but IMHO the installation is the more complex part.

And since there are too few people to test the future is not sure.

If you know the suse distribution well you get ispcp running... allthough with some manual modifications.

Actually I just finished the initial setup of 1.0.7 on openSUSE 11.1 (by installing 1.0.6 and updating to 1.0.7).
I just fear I'll keep running into issues because of not installed but required stuff and I'm completely new to ispCP so I might be lost soon :-(
01-26-2011 10:05 AM
JCircle Offline

Why don't you upgrade SuSE to 11.3 or 11.4? this can be done with yast and keep you current. I would check into this as the packages you are running are way out of date.
As for Support for openSuSE I would HATE to see support for openSuSE dropped as I am in the process of migrating from hsphere /centos to openSuSE / omega
I am willing to help with this end of the project to keep is going and supported.
05-23-2011 09:41 AM
woro Offline

(05-23-2011 09:41 AM)JCircle Wrote:  Why don't you upgrade SuSE to 11.3 or 11.4? this can be done with yast and keep you current. I would check into this as the packages you are running are way out of date.
As for Support for openSuSE I would HATE to see support for openSuSE dropped as I am in the process of migrating from hsphere /centos to openSuSE / omega
I am willing to help with this end of the project to keep is going and supported.

Because of these support and update issues I've moved to another panel solution for the time being. Sorry for that.
I couldn't update to anything more recent than 11.1 because of virtualization issues in my environment where newer kernels are not supported.

Wolfgang
05-23-2011 06:29 PM