Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

dns management
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: dns management
Cool, then maybe the "wish" on the list may com true earlier than we all thought.. Smile
02-12-2008 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MicCo Offline
Moderators

See, when we lift together, it can be done!
Dont always sit back and wait for the team to do it all, they are under alot of stress already. Just go on help by what ever skills you have.
02-12-2008 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedBOX Offline

i did the template. But what are the cookies for the login password etc.
02-23-2008 03:33 AM
uwe Offline

well, i have installed powerdns and made it use the bind configuration generated by ispcp, im using pdns-admin (http://pdnsadmin.iguanadons.net/) and trying to integrate it with ispcp, i only use it now to add records other than those made by ispcp by using both bind backend and mysql backend for powerdns, i took a quick look on the tables in ispcp, is there actually a way to read dns data from the database, is it there somewhere ? maybe using mysql view will allow easier integration! no ?
03-01-2008 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Since there is not dns management now - there is no database table for dns settings.
03-01-2008 09:24 PM
popsikle Offline

I have a DNS management mod almost finished. another week or two and ill post it.
03-07-2008 08:34 AM
uwe Offline

popsikle Wrote:I have a DNS management mod almost finished. another week or two and ill post it.

YAY Smile thats great! im also trying to get some kind of integration between ispcp and pdns-admin, so im trying to memic the users table of pdns-admin, i have actually no prior experience in sql or web based anything Smile, anyhow, this is so far how the query might look like (still some fields are missing, and field names are all incorrect but are equivilent:

select admin_id, admin_name, admin_pass ,admin_type_id , "default" AS user_skin,lang,email,domain_name,count(domain_name) from admin inner join admin_type_id on admin_type_id.admin_type = admin.admin_type inner join user_gui_props on admin.admin_id = user_gui_props.id left outer join domain on admin.admin_id = domain.domain_admin_id OR admin.admin_id = domain.domain_created_id OR admin_id=1 GROUP BY admin_id;

and table admin_type_id is:
+------------+---------------+
| admin_type | admin_type_id |
| admin | 1 |
| reseller | 2 |
| user | 3 |

also to integrate pdns-admin groups and ispcp admin_type
03-08-2008 12:13 AM
Kika Offline

I think that the mysql based name server is not a good idea, maybe the mysql based administration and recreate the static bind configs with a script is better because the high number of mysql connection (and memory usage).
03-12-2008 12:42 AM
uwe Offline

if used with powerdns, they claim its responsiveness is high and load on database is not high. and since managing everything from the db seems easier and cleaner to me, i'd follow this track, and pdns is doing a good job.

other wise generating static files from db is not hard, and you can even set a slave bind for a pdns master for example.
03-12-2008 11:38 AM
uwe Offline

Dear all, especially those who have special interest/experience in dns, is there a problem wiht powerdns db structure? is it sufficient to replace bind zone structure? im asking because if it is, maybe it would be a good idea to make ispcp write dns data to a db compatable with pdns, and if one has pdns it will use that db, and if not then a simple script will generate zone files for bind ... is there any problem with this approach ? or is there any incompatibility ?
03-13-2008 11:03 PM