Current time: 04-18-2024, 09:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[HowTo] Change control panel IP
aseques Offline
Dev Team

[HowTo] Change control panel IP
You can visit the article in the wiki:
http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...:change_ip

This guide should help you when changing access ip for your panel.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2009 05:51 AM by gOOvER.)
04-18-2009 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RE: Change control panel IP
Having followed this guide, it worked but I think I found a bug. When I visit:
site.com/admin/settings_ports.php I can still see the OLD IP in place. The page is read only so I can't actually change any of the IPs from there.

What's the solution to fix this?
08-16-2009 10:50 PM
kurgans Offline
Moderators

Sorry my English is google translate and understand what the problem may be this

You must change the /etc/hosts file to the new ip
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 10:10 AM by kurgans.)
08-17-2009 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Hi kurgans,

The file /etc/hosts is already changed to reflect the new IP address, but website.tld/admin/settings_ports.php is still showing the old IP address.

The server is online is everything is working correctly, but it is still showing the old IP. This means the Howto is not updating all files that have the old ip. Are there any other files/directories that I need to search and update the old ip?
08-18-2009 09:56 AM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(08-18-2009 09:56 AM)BioALIEN Wrote:  Hi kurgans,

The file /etc/hosts is already changed to reflect the new IP address, but website.tld/admin/settings_ports.php is still showing the old IP address.

The server is online is everything is working correctly, but it is still showing the old IP. This means the Howto is not updating all files that have the old ip. Are there any other files/directories that I need to search and update the old ip?
Looking at the information of that page, I see that it pulls the information from table "config", maybe it doesn't get updated, with the rest of the system.
You could open a ticket and wait see the opinion of someone of the staff. If you want to fix in you case, you just have to alter that table.
08-18-2009 06:33 PM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Upon investigating and searching the old IP on my server, I discovered it still exists in the following files:
Quote:/etc/apache2/sites-available/00_master.conf
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf
/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf

I have manually updated these files and everything seems to be working correctly again. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem? Lets keep this open to see if this is a one-off or whether the howto needs to be updated.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2009 02:36 AM by BioALIEN.)
08-20-2009 02:36 AM
kurgans Offline
Moderators

Hi,

Rarely change their ip is not at all the files because the sed review all those files for the ip

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/* /etc/bind/* /var/cache/bind/* /etc/ispcp/*/working/*.

Check you the symlinks in / etc / apache / sites-enabled / to etc / apache / sites-available.
You can not have files in sites-enabled

It is for this reason that only command sed changes in sites-enabled, and not in sites-available

master.conf -> ../sites-available/00_master.conf
awstats.conf -> ../sites-available/01_awstats.conf
ispcp.conf -> ../sites-available/ispcp.conf

(08-20-2009 02:36 AM)BioALIEN Wrote:  
Quote:/etc/apache2/sites-available/00_master.conf
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf
/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2009 06:20 PM by kurgans.)
08-20-2009 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Just to clarify any language mis-interpretations Wink

What kurgans is trying to say is that, in the debian way of setting up apache, the configuration "files" in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled should never actually be files, but symlinks to the real ones which are stored in /etc/apache2/sites-available.

Therefore, replacing the IP in /etc/apache2/sites-available/* should be enough unless you have a misconfigured system (which was your case BioALIEN).

As a side note, the great thing about this "debian way" of setting up apache is that you can easily enable or disable any configuration file with a simple command:
Code:
a2ensite ispcp.conf // This enables ispcp.conf by creating a symlink to sites-available/ispcp.conf
a2dissite ispcp.conf // This removes the symlink, effectively disabling the site
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2009 08:33 AM by kilburn.)
08-23-2009 08:33 AM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Thank you all, I don't know how I ended up with a misconfigured system as I followed the setup process correctly. Yes I am on Debian. I'll try to upgrade to ispCP 1.0.2 soon and see if this corrects anything but at the moment there are no more issues to report with regards to IP change.
08-23-2009 10:34 AM
kurgans Offline
Moderators

Thanks Kilburn,

BioALIEN I`m sorry my English, I do not understand anything and copy / paste of google translation, with all the errors that may have.
08-23-2009 06:05 PM