Current time: 10-04-2024, 03:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upgrade howto ¿?
rsmithgs Offline

RE: Upgrade howto ¿?
ctrl-alt-del Wrote:Thanks, I had this idea too, but as all last solution. I said, my debian installation was a battle... And in a sence I dislike this "a-la-windows98" cautious with fully system reinstall after each small problem. I will probe to modify the unistall script, that it ignore the data base connection error.
A please to developer of uninstall script. Could you redesign your script so, that it runs continuing (without breaks) irrespective errors? You can realize it as option, but this way should be possible, too.
For install script it is understandable, if script breaks after each error, because the installation is possible only if ALL steps are done. But in case of uninstall it can be often possible, that one or other package or component are already uninstalled (my case for example).

Best regards

Edit: after few comments in the uninstall script:
Code:
Congratulations !

ISPCP OMEGA '1.0 Priamos' uninstall completed successfully !

Thank you for using ISPCP OMEGA product !
I reviewed the perl uninstall script. I think, it is a wrong concept to use of constructs like this (as example):
Code:
$rs = del_file("$bk_dir/imapd.ispcp");
return $rs if ($rs != 0);
It would be better instead of break after each small error push all error messages in a temporary file and view this error file at end of unistall processes. Alternatively the old method can be activated too.

Or if you delete the database and the users you could probably just re-install over the top Smile
09-07-2007 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread