Current time: 09-29-2024, 10:08 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To many RC releases and non fix for old bugs
GuS Offline

To many RC releases and non fix for old bugs
Hi,

I wanted to write here things i told once to main developers:

First, if you develop an app that the installation supports to use Others distros than Debian (example, Ubuntu, etc.) you should take care to repair some mistakes you made.
The other day i was teaching at the Univ., and the main class that day was installing ISPcp on a Ubuntu latest server. So, things are missing, like templates from bind (which i fix copying from the debian bind templates folder), another is the php4 support which is DEPRECATED since some time by now (cause has no more support from PHP)... and in case of Ubuntu, only PHP5 exist. So, the list of packages in Ubuntu should be updated.
Another things is, trying to avoid the sh-dash scripting problem, since always i must change the symlink of sh to bash (remember that in Ubuntu, sh is linked to dash)...
And some others stuff that I will take note more next time, that I've fixed during the installation.

So is very disturbing seeing that many RC release comes out and since the beta stage of the app these problems still exist.

I know that ISPcp has not many developers (I already talked that with "R@ts" once) but if, like i said, you support others distro, you should take care it a little more.

Nothing more to say that is a great app ISPcp which has a nice improvement since VHCS...

Cheers.
10-23-2007 02:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
To many RC releases and non fix for old bugs - GuS - 10-23-2007 02:03 AM