Current time: 06-28-2024, 09:08 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you want to beautify the perl code in the engine?
Yes
No
don't know
[Show Results]

formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
ispcomm Offline

RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
Cube Wrote:I do not want to demotivate, but there were already many who had big plans, but there were no results.
I've seen this in many projects already. It's the nature of open source. However a more formal code and a "Framework" would be a good start. There's no need to invent the wheel also. Light frameworks like codeigniter (or better kohana which is fully OO and gpl) would be a good start already.

Regarding me... the panel will be an integral part of my full-day work (as is vhcs now), so I'm motivated. Also, I'm starting slowly... reformatting the perl code so I can understand the engine better and be able to tweak it and fix it. I'll have a few servers currently on sarge to update in the next months and this is a very good reason to move from vhcs to ispcp.

I'm writing some ensim migration scripts as I'll have to convert a few servers currently running ensim. That is why I'm most interested in the engine instead of the front office (php).

I can post a perl guideline, and that would be very similar to the php guideline (which is in turn similar to the pear/cpan ones).

I guess there's a reason for most guidelines being similar: perhaps that is be best compromise.

I'll experiment a little while I wait for your decisions regarding this stuff.

ispcomm.
05-12-2008 03:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl) - ispcomm - 05-12-2008 03:09 AM