Current time: 09-21-2024, 09:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mail relay to customer server
ispcomm Offline

RE: Mail relay to customer server
Kilburn,

I think yours is the proper way of doing things. I made more shortcuts because I have few customers with this requirement.

Off course verify_recipient is done only on domains that we're the relay for, and it's good practice to put our ispcp server in the whitelist of the customers server.

OTOH, the postfix server will cache the result of a verify and the database does not corrupt so often (I would say never). At the end you can always delete it and restart from scratch.

The traffic volume is OK until you have tens of thousands emails per day on a that particular domain. Postfix checks the recipient in a parallel session before accepting it to the sender so you still get the bonus of not accepting undeliverable and forged recipient mail.

As for writing a howto, it will be usefull to many and might serve as guideline to implement the feature in ispcp later.

rxbux: It's a compromise when you don't want or cannot deal with the customer's internal mailserver and you don't trust their administrator for timely updates (or automatic updates). It's a way to be sure things work with as little intervention as possible. If the volume of incoming mails is high (~10000 mail/day) they you can customize it better but for the majorance of the sites this is not necessary.

ispcomm
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2008 08:46 PM by ispcomm.)
05-20-2008 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mail relay to customer server - ispcomm - 05-19-2008, 04:38 PM
RE: Mail relay to customer server - Cube - 05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
RE: Mail relay to customer server - simple - 05-21-2008, 12:51 AM
RE: Mail relay to customer server - rbtux - 05-20-2008, 07:07 PM
RE: Mail relay to customer server - ispcomm - 05-20-2008 08:41 PM