Current time: 07-04-2024, 01:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED]White screen instead of login page? Problem with making database connection?
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

[SOLVED]White screen instead of login page? Problem with making database connection?
I've done a clean install of last nights SVN, and everything went perfectly, however when i launch the login page I get a white screen instead of the login. I've tried this with both mod_php5 and fcgid/php5. I've confirmed that php is working, by creating a page with a phpinfo() call, and it is working as expected.

I've traced down the error to the include/sql.php file to this line:

Code:
@$sql = Database::connect(Config::get('DB_USER'), Config::get('DB_PASS'), Config::get('DB_TYPE'), Config::get('DB_HOST'), Config::get('DB_NAME'))
        or system_message('ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL server !<br>SQL returned: ' . $sql->ErrorMsg());

If i put a debug message right before it, it works. But if i put something after it, it doesn't. It seems that it is unable to connect to the db (for some unknown reason, as my db seems to be functioning normally), but it doesn't log any messages, put anything to the screen, etc.

It seems that the problem is inside the class.database.php... Anyone have the same problems?
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2008 10:29 AM by pgentoo.)
07-19-2008 03:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED]White screen instead of login page? Problem with making database connection? - pgentoo - 07-19-2008 03:12 AM