Current time: 06-16-2024, 02:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Split Customer Record / Domain
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

RE: Split Customer Record / Domain
When I said "add a username parameter", I guess i just meant that currently the form is taking is something called "domain name". This could just be changed to "username" and during initial setup, no domain would be created (leave this for later). Basically was just getting at the idea that instead of putting a domain name into the admin table (as the "username"), we would instead put in the actual username requested by the client.

As for the folder location issue... In my previous control panel that I wrote, I kept the domain filesystem path in the domain table of the database. This allowed for much flexibility when i needed to go back and change around where things were located, etc. It doesn't hold everything to a strict standard, but gives much flexibility. During the actual addition of the record to the database, the "standard" of where to put it was applied, like: /var/www/virtual/{USERNAME}/{DOMAIN}/. In this case, if i wanted to move some/all of my domains to different physical locations, I could move them, update the paths in the domain table, and then kick off the configs to regenerate. I agree this could be locked down to a single assumed location and put into the ispcp.config, but its not quite as flexible.

I understand that there will be changes all over the place in the engine. When this is done, I'd recommend that we pull out any assumption of where the files are located, and either move this into the DB, or into ispcp.conf. This will give users of the system (including me Smile)much flexibility to adapt ispCP to their needs.

If you have some specific peices of the UI that need rework for this, and have an idea of what you want done, please let me know and i'll see what i can do. I'd really like to see this change become a reality soon, as the current structure just confuses my clients.

Thanks,
pGentoo
03-08-2009 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Split Customer Record / Domain - fosstux - 03-04-2009, 02:06 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - pgentoo - 03-08-2009 09:46 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-09-2009, 01:18 AM