Current time: 09-28-2024, 08:14 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem After Installation
Jahsun Offline

Big Grin RE: Problem After Installation [Solved]
Ok, i think i figured it out now. i entered 192.168.x.xxx mydomain.com into /etc/hosts, then reboot, now i can access mydomain.com which brings me to ispcp login page. So i then tried to add ipaddress admin.mydomain.com to the /etc/hosts file, but the file was missing so i did a reboot, found the file and add admin.mydomain.com and now i can access the ispcp login page Big Grin

(1) Now my thing is, should i remove server1.mydomain.com and mydomain.com from /etc/hosts since everything in /etc/hosts points to ispcp login page? or should i leave server1.mydomain.com, admin.mydomain.com and remove mydomain.com?

(2) Correct me if i am wrong, but i think ( not sure) that:
(a) server1.mydomain.com represents the debian box, right?
(b) admin.mydomain.com represents the ispcp login page (admin, reseller, user), right?
© mydomain.com should represent the ispcp main front page with info about free, paid, etc. hosting, right?

I have started from scratch so many times and this so far has been the best setup and installation of debian and ispcp out of a few nix distros and CP's. Please can you give a hand, i just want to make sure before i go further.

Thanks again for your help in advance.Rolleyes
04-11-2009 02:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problem After Installation - Jahsun - 04-10-2009, 11:58 AM
RE: Problem After Installation [Solved] - Jahsun - 04-11-2009 02:24 AM