Current time: 07-04-2024, 03:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Solved]SSL Certificate for Vitual Hosts
Macsloverd Offline

Question RE: [Problem]SSL Certificate for Vitual Hosts
I've been searching alternative solutions regarding to this issue and the SNI (Server Name Indication) came up to my attention.

It is said that mod_ssl supports SNI in some versions and another mod called GnuTLS is also support SNI.

I am not sure with version of mod_ssl I have been using, so I gave a shot to GnuTLS mod with no luck - https doesn't even work - though I have no idea about the GnuTLS.(Most likely I did something wrong)

Additionally, I read an article about ISPConfig, it was said that this ISPConfig supports multiple name-based SSL virtual hosts without telling specifically how and why. I am running out of experimental computers Tongue, hence I can't try it out to find out whether it is true and if so, what makes it have the ability to do so.

Anyway, I will keep seeking solutions and I appreciate that ispCP would consider enabling this feature in the future. Dedicate IP address is not really easy to "Generate" after all.

Thank you for your help.
Nice weekend to you too.

(04-18-2010 06:07 PM)mr.x Wrote:  
(04-18-2010 05:24 PM)Macsloverd Wrote:  Finally, I have got answers from apache website: It is not possible to set SSL for more than one Name-based virtual host.

Its possible, but you need for each vhost an own IP address.
May be pround is something for u .-)

Have a nice weekend

Jan
04-18-2010 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Problem]SSL Certificate for Vitual Hosts - Macsloverd - 04-18-2010 07:19 PM