Current time: 09-25-2024, 04:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

proftpd uses 100% cpu and cannot log in
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: proftpd uses 100% cpu and cannot log in
Quote:I also installed RoundCube Mail because I hate Squirrelmail.
It is not so bad idea to put it in the default install.

This is a matter of preference and backwards-compatibility. It isn't hard to change it, but forcing people who updates the panel to change the webmail (and lose all its contacts) doesn't look like a good move...

Quote:Next dais I am going to see how it count the traffic under linux and after that will think how it should be extended for bsd.

Is there some like design document or something similar about that?

Not really, but it's simple. First of all, realize that only server-wide counters are based on the firewall. Next, the thing works like this:

1. ispcp-network init script (configs/distro/init.d/ispcp_network in the repo, /etc/init.d/ispcp_network once installed) sets some firewall rules that match the different services being offered by the server.
2. a crontab entry in configs/distro/cron.d/ispcp (/etc/cron.d/ispcp once installed) is set to launch the engine/traffic/ispcp-srv-traff every 30 minutes.
3. engine/traffic/ispcp-srv-traff script (under /var/www/ispcp once installed) uses iptables to obtain the counters. Thereafter, the data is inserted into ispcp's database and the counters reset.

... and that's basically it.
09-14-2010 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: proftpd uses 100% cpu and cannot log in - kilburn - 09-14-2010 04:38 PM
RE: proftpd uses 100% cpu and cannot log in - Nuxwin - 09-21-2010, 04:24 AM