Current time: 06-16-2024, 10:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ftp will not work after install
motokochan Offline

RE: ftp will not work after install
(12-25-2010 09:08 AM)rleon Wrote:  IMMEDIATELY after running the perl ispcp-setup command as specified in: http://isp-control.net/documentation/sta...ion/ubuntu
C:\temp>ftp server.dom.org
Connected to server.dom.org.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.2c Server (ns1.dom.org) [address]
User (server.com.org:(none)): <me>
331 Password required for <me>
Password:
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
ftp>

This is command line ftp using a root level login user. I have also tried using a userid that was created through the gui interface. The error comes back as 'login incorrect'. BTW: Have tried it using the WSFTP client and the command line from both windows based and from linux based login. This appears to be a great package, but the ftp problem is a major stopper. If anyone knows the answer, then that person would be a HERO.

The first part is correct behavior. Once setup, you should only be able to connect to FTP by the users you set up through ispCP. System usernames will not work.

When you connect as the FTP user you created,, how do you format the username? It should be username@domain. Also, remember that you have to create an FTP user. The control panel login won't work for FTP.
12-25-2010 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
RE: ftp will not work after install - motokochan - 12-25-2010 05:13 PM