Current time: 09-25-2024, 04:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ftp will not work after install
rleon Offline

RE: ftp will not work after install
Hi Moto;
I was able to finally get the ftp to work. Do not really remember the solution, but I do remember that at the end I used the user@dom format that you suggest. I now have another problem with the domains not setting up as separate accounts. I think that maybe some of my troubleshooting steps might have currupted some files so I am going to reformat and start again from scratch. I'v done this so many times that all of the attempts are starting to run together without differentiation. Hopefully, this time will be the time that eerything works correctly without glitches.

Thanks for your assistance and your care. It is good to have someone that will try to help and that cares that we users overcome our 'user headspace' problems. Thanks for your assistance and have a wonderful year-end holiday season

(12-25-2010 05:13 PM)motokochan Wrote:  
(12-25-2010 09:08 AM)rleon Wrote:  IMMEDIATELY after running the perl ispcp-setup command as specified in: http://isp-control.net/documentation/sta...ion/ubuntu
C:\temp>ftp server.dom.org
Connected to server.dom.org.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.2c Server (ns1.dom.org) [address]
User (server.com.org:(none)): <me>
331 Password required for <me>
Password:
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
ftp>

This is command line ftp using a root level login user. I have also tried using a userid that was created through the gui interface. The error comes back as 'login incorrect'. BTW: Have tried it using the WSFTP client and the command line from both windows based and from linux based login. This appears to be a great package, but the ftp problem is a major stopper. If anyone knows the answer, then that person would be a HERO.

The first part is correct behavior. Once setup, you should only be able to connect to FTP by the users you set up through ispCP. System usernames will not work.

When you connect as the FTP user you created,, how do you format the username? It should be username@domain. Also, remember that you have to create an FTP user. The control panel login won't work for FTP.
12-26-2010 07:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
RE: ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-26-2010 07:26 AM