Current time: 09-25-2024, 04:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ftp will not work after install
rleon Offline

RE: ftp will not work after install
Thanks byrontracy,
I was able to get it to work. It seems that I did not understand the design of ispOmega ftp. I expected to be able to ftp using a root level account after the installation, but the application takes control of the ftp and requires login using the user@domain format. It also changes the root level ssh users accounts that previously were able to ftp into the box. I do not fully understand the new requirements but I have been able to create users with the ispCP interface. These are working and I was able to use WINSCP to copy files for users who have ssh access. As of now, it is working well.

My next task will be adding the ssl certificate and the billing functionality. These come later, but for now the foundation is working good. Thanks for the assist. It is good to know that people like motochan and yourself are out there to help us work through these problems.

(12-28-2010 04:02 AM)barontracy Wrote:  Well, I had happened once before, if it is a monolithic kernel, then passive FTP (PASV) work.So not likely to have to open some ports for the FTP server if not pure-ftpd can add the port range 30000:35000 TCP_IN and add the following line in
/ etc / pure-ftpd.conf: PassivePortRange 30 000 35 000
12-28-2010 05:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
RE: ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-28-2010 05:10 AM