Current time: 09-25-2024, 04:45 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ftp will not work after install
motokochan Offline

RE: ftp will not work after install
(12-28-2010 05:10 AM)rleon Wrote:  Thanks byrontracy,

byrontracy is a spambot. Half of what they posted didn't make sense. (monolithic kernel affecting passive FTP? Completely idiotic as they have nothing to do with each other.) The other half appears to be text from similar-sounding posts on this forum. Common spammer tactic.

(12-28-2010 05:10 AM)rleon Wrote:  I was able to get it to work. It seems that I did not understand the design of ispOmega ftp. I expected to be able to ftp using a root level account after the installation, but the application takes control of the ftp and requires login using the user@domain format. It also changes the root level ssh users accounts that previously were able to ftp into the box. I do not fully understand the new requirements but I have been able to create users with the ispCP interface. These are working and I was able to use WINSCP to copy files for users who have ssh access. As of now, it is working well.

The default setup allows any user with a shell account to connect with FTP as well. When ispCP installs, it switches to virtual-user-only. You can always switch to using both. The big problem is that the website configuration won't work by using shell users as suEXEC will prevent any code from executing if it has the wrong owner. If the users with shell access will only be accessing files in their home directories, then you can safely switch to using both user types.
12-28-2010 07:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ftp will not work after install - rleon - 12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
RE: ftp will not work after install - motokochan - 12-28-2010 07:30 AM