Current time: 09-28-2024, 01:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Joomla and FTP
=David= Offline

RE: Joomla and FTP
Did you even read the posts kilburn?

>First, what fluser means is that you can upload the extensions directly to the server and >they will work just as fine as if you do directly through joomla's admin interface. Hence, I >think it's a perfectly nice advice, and not rude by any means

I don't give a crap what he meant. That isn't what he said. "Joomla doesn't really need FTP. This is only a nice to have" is about as helpfull as cup of water on my motherboard.

>Second, net2ftp (not web2net) is no more secure than FTP in any way. In fact, it uses FTP >underneath, acting as a bridge between the HTTP and FTP transports. Thus, there's no >reason to avoid giving your users FTP access if you let them upload things through net2ftp.

I wasn't talking about security. I was talking about the inability of my customer to upload anything to the server except through the net2ftp.

>Finally, ispcp lets you create FTP accounts for the domains pretty easily. You do
>*not* need to manually create system users nor anything like that...

ah yeah. I know that. hence my question in the first post
"is there a way to get joomla to use the ftp access already created for the customer by ispCP?" I had allready created the ftp user in ispCP.

Now I love ispCP it truly rocks. But some of you need to be barred from helping in a forum until they can learn to be professional and communicate clearly and concisely in a helpfull manner.

As it turns out I fixed my problem and it had nothing to do with ispCP.

For any others who may experience the same problems after a clean install of the OS and nothing but what ispCP pulls in with the install script. joomla appears to run as a different user, I haven't been able to find out whichone yet, and thus while working with the files and using the ftp account created for the customer to you have to chmod the files and folder that the user uploads to the directory to work with to 777 and after they are done they need to set them back to 440. I had to tell him how to do this from the net2ftp.

now for the external ftp client failure I am ashamed to admit that the problem was in my router. I didn't have the passive ftp ports triggering to be opened.
02-06-2011 03:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Joomla and FTP - =David= - 01-31-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: Joomla and FTP - =David= - 01-31-2011, 03:15 AM
RE: Joomla and FTP - shaggy - 02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
RE: Joomla and FTP - fluser - 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
RE: Joomla and FTP - =David= - 02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
RE: Joomla and FTP - kilburn - 02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: Joomla and FTP - =David= - 02-06-2011 03:59 AM
RE: Joomla and FTP - kilburn - 02-06-2011, 04:21 AM