Current time: 05-05-2024, 05:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Creating user seems to be stalled
mike548141 Offline

Creating user seems to be stalled
Hi,

First off this question is for VHCS and yes I know this is a separate fork but as they are still fairly similar I was hoping someone may be able to help.
I'm using VHCS because its available as a RPM for openSuSE making my life much easier...

So VHCS 2.4.8 installs normally on openSuSE 11.1, I create the database and configure VHCS. I can login as admin and create a reseller account. I can change settings in VHCS and create hosting plans etc..
In short VHCS appears to be working normally.

But when I create a user (logged in as the reseller) I can't login or change user to be the user. It is like the user needs to be activated?
In the user overview (logged in as admin) the user has two arrows going in a circle next to it.

So my question is should I be able to just create a user and login as them much like I can a reseller or is there a step in user creation I'm missing.

Many thanks,

MC
P.S> this is a snippet of the bash script I use to configure VHCS once the RPM has installed, the rest of the LAMP stack is already installed on the appliance.

Code:
configureInterfaceVHCS() {
  # Modify the init vhcs2_network script to include the init headers so that it does not cause LSB errors
  sed -i -e '/\#\!\/bin\/bash/ a \#\#\# BEGIN INIT INFO\n\# Provides: vhcs2_network\n\# Required-Start: \$network \$remote_fs\n\# Required-Stop: \$network \$remote_fs\n\# Default-Start: 3 5\n\# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6\n\# Description: Start the vhcs2_network\n\#\#\# END INIT INFO\n' /etc/init.d/vhcs2_network
  # Start the vhcs service at init 3
  chkconfig vhcs2_daemon on
##chkconfig vhcs2_network on
  # Modify the database script to include the database name
  cp -pv /etc/vhcs2/database/database.sql /studio/sql-db/vhcs2.sql
  sed -i "s/{DATABASE_NAME}/$vhcs_db_name/g" /studio/sql-db/vhcs2.sql
  # Make a copy of the VHCS script that sets the database password and create symbolic links for the scripts it references
  cp -pv /srv/www/vhcs2/engine/vhcs2-db-passwd /studio/script/vhcs-db-passwd-cli.pl
  ln -s /srv/www/vhcs2/engine/vhcs2_common_code.pl /studio/script/vhcs2_common_code.pl
  ln -s /srv/www/vhcs2/engine/vhcs2-db-keys.pl /studio/script/vhcs2-db-keys.pl
  # Modify the VHCS script so that it will get the passwords from the CLI rather than interactively
  sed -i "s/$upass = read_password('Please Enter Your New Database Password:');/$upass = \$ARGV[0];/g" /studio/script/vhcs-db-passwd-cli.pl
  sed -i "s/$upass_check = read_password('Please Repeat Your New Database Password:');/$upass = \$ARGV[0];/g" /studio/script/vhcs-db-passwd-cli.pl
  sed -i "s/$upass_current = read_password('Please Enter Your Current Password:');/$upass = \$ARGV[1];/g" /studio/script/vhcs-db-passwd-cli.pl
  # Remark the icons alias out of the Apache default configuration so that it does not conflict with the VHCS awstats configuration
  sed -i 's|^Alias /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/"|\#Alias /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/"|g' /etc/apache2/default-server.conf
  # Modify the default VHCS configuration to include the host name and support email address
  sed -i "s/^SERVER_HOSTNAME = debian/SERVER_HOSTNAME = $public_host_name\.$public_domain_name/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  sed -i "s/^DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRES = $/DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRES = $support_email_address/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  # Modify the VHCS config to use the selected MySQL server
  sed -i "s/^DATABASE_HOST = localhost/DATABASE_HOST = $vhcs_db_host/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  # Modify the VHCS config to use the VHCS database name
  sed -i "s/^DATABASE_NAME = vhcs2/DATABASE_NAME = $vhcs_db_name/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  # Modify the VHCS config to use the VHCS SQL user
  sed -i "s/^DATABASE_USER = root/DATABASE_USER = $vhcs_db_username/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  # Modify the VHCS config to use the SQL directory
  sed -i "s/^DATABASE_DIR = \/var\/lib\/mysql/DATABASE_DIR = \/srv\/sql/g" /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  # Execute the customised script to set the database password in /etc/vhcs2/vhcs2.conf
  /studio/script/vhcs-db-passwd-cli.pl $vhcs_db_password
  # Ensure MySQL is running
  rcmysql restart
  # Create the VHCS database and import the required tables
  mysql --host=$vhcs_db_host --user=root --pass=$mysql_root_password < /studio/sql-db/vhcs2.sql
  mysql --host=$vhcs_db_host --user=root --pass=$mysql_root_password --database=$vhcs_db_name < /etc/vhcs2/database/htaccess.sql
  mysql --host=$vhcs_db_host --user=root --pass=$mysql_root_password --database=$vhcs_db_name < /etc/vhcs2/database/languages.sql
  # Create a MySQL user for VHCS and grant it the required database rights
  mysql --host=$vhcs_db_host --user=root --pass=$mysql_root_password --database=mysql --execute="grant all privileges on $vhcs_db_name.* to '$vhcs_db_username'@'$vhcs_db_host' identified by '$vhcs_db_password' with grant option;"
  # Encrypt the Linux admin password using perl crypt
  export admin_password_crypt=`/studio/script/vhcs-user-password-encryption.pl $admin_password`
  # Create a admin user in the VHCS database, login details are username admin with the linux admin password
  mysql --host=$vhcs_db_host --user=$vhcs_db_username --pass=$vhcs_db_password --database=$vhcs_db_name --execute="insert into admin values (1, 'admin','$admin_password_crypt', 'admin', 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', '','$support_email_address', '', '', '', '', '', '');"
}
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2010 10:56 PM by mike548141.)
04-06-2010 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Creating user seems to be stalled - mike548141 - 04-06-2010 10:53 PM