Current time: 04-27-2024, 05:58 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Willing to pay for new features?
mike548141 Offline

Willing to pay for new features?
I was wondering, have the project owners considered adding a forum where people could donate towards a feature?

I know most developers do it for the love of it but say there are 50 of us that would really love LDAP and OpenID authentication and each of us are willing to throw $10 into a pot towards the developer/s that are willing to develop the feature to the project owners satisfaction?

The code would belong to the project, it would be licensed FOSS (from memory ispCP is moving the code to GPL2 from Mozilla?).

It would let us (the users) create incentives for skilled developers either within the project or outside of it to produce the features we care the most about. After all many of us do not have either the time or the skill to write code for the project but are still keen on seeing it develop further.

While the amounts may not be enough to pay the rent it could pay for a new computer, some books, a night out etc...

Of course you could remove the cash from it and just use a poll/vote system. But frankly I like ispCP, I probably don't have the time or skill to develop the features I want so if I can throw a little cash in to get the specific features I want then I see it as a win/win.

MC
05-01-2010 02:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Willing to pay for new features? - mike548141 - 05-01-2010 02:07 AM
RE: Willing to pay for new features? - Nuxwin - 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM