Current time: 05-04-2024, 12:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: I Think logtail tool would be very great !
Yes, i think so!
No, i didn't need it!
I don't know
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ?
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ?
Re ;

Ok, sorry after re-reading, I understand better what you want mean exactly. You want a log tool that can be launched from the ispCP frontend by any customers. So each customer can see any PHP errors that are raised by their own scripts, that are stored in their own DocumentRoot.

That as you want can be very hard to integrate to the ispCP panel for the following reasons:

1. The generic log tool must know information about the customer logfile like the name and the path.

2. To be able to use this, the customers should have created a logfile and also, their scripts must be able to log the errors in the log file.

3. In addition, Joximu right about the issue of sharing password. If I'm the owner of a domain name (ispCP account), I want no necessarily give access to the panel for another developer but just an Ftp access.

To resume:

I think that this tool should not be integrated in ispCP. Customers are free to put a copy of this library in their own DocumentRoot and use it.

I hope you understand my poor English here. Wink
06-24-2010 05:24 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ? - Nuxwin - 06-24-2010, 03:13 AM
RE: logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ? - Nuxwin - 06-24-2010 05:24 AM