Current time: 05-07-2024, 12:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Resolved] Subdomain status - Unknown Error
nexusis Offline

[Resolved] Subdomain status - Unknown Error
I see a number of occurances of this, but nothing seems to fit my situation.

I'm running 1.0.5 on Deb - virtually brand new install.

I *had* a subdomain "secure" for a domain, mounted against "/secure". It was working until sometime recently (I cant exactly tell when - its a stub dir at the moment - just the usual ispcp initial files so no real traffic, and the last spider request was ~0400h today).

I added a whole pile of 'A' and 'CNAME' entries to the domain config today ~1330h.

At the time, everything looked normal in the dns manager.

However tonight, the 'secure' subdomain is showing status "unknown error". Sure enough, I can find no dns entries in any of the bind db files for it, and the secure subdomain was unavailable.

The 'secure' domain only exists once in the ispcp.conf file - as a virtual host against port 80 of a specific IP.

I have been able to successfully add a new subdomain ('test') and it's ok.

Manually adding the lines to the domain's bind db files for 'secure' (mirroring 'test') gets DNS resolution again -- but ispCP still shows a status of "unknown error". Not sure I want to keep that there though.

When I look into the ispcp database, the status on the 'secure' subdomain is 'dnschange'. The only other thread I see mentioning this says to delete the subdomain and re-add.... but my available actions are "N/A".. and while I can click on that, and it does ask if I want to delete the subdomain - it doesnt do anything.

I was doing pre-work to setup the 'secure' subdomain for SSL - but had not activated the config for it yet. I'm not sure how that could have affected anything.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2010 01:12 PM by nexusis.)
07-16-2010 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Resolved] Subdomain status - Unknown Error - nexusis - 07-16-2010 01:07 PM
RE: Subdomain status - Unknown Error - Nuxwin - 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
RE: Subdomain status - Unknown Error - Nuxwin - 07-17-2010, 09:41 AM
RE: Subdomain status - Unknown Error - Nuxwin - 07-17-2010, 01:06 PM
RE: [Resolved] Subdomain status - Unknown Error - Nuxwin - 07-17-2010, 01:19 PM