Current time: 05-05-2024, 09:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp
Quote:I would appreciate it if, in its assigned may create an ftp with the domain will be created. with the password of the "domain" gui.

I understand the motivation here, but on a code level this is a hard task to accomplishs. Basically, creating an FTP can be made entirely from the gui-side (because proftpd authenticates users through mysql directly). Nevertheless, to create the user in mysql, the gui needs to know the uid and gid of the domain's user. The problem is that this uid/gid is *not* available until the backend actually creates the domain.

Hence, implementing this feature would mean either:

1. Copying the ftp-account creation process to the backend. Problem: duplicated code leads to errors. What's more, frontend and backend use different languages (php/perl), so it wouldn't even be a copy/paste thing.
2. Implementing backend-to-frontend callbacks. This is a delicate issue that we should carefully think about before trying to rush anything out.

For this reasons I would just leave that as an enhancement proposal that one day might be fulfilled, but not right now...
08-12-2010 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp - Nuxwin - 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
RE: Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp - kilburn - 08-12-2010 07:45 PM
RE: Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp - Nuxwin - 10-29-2010, 11:03 AM