Current time: 05-06-2024, 02:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

diffrence between als_add_named_cfg_data and _dmn_add_named_cfg_data and others
uwe Offline

RE: diffrence between als_add_named_cfg_data and _dmn_add_named_cfg_data and others
(01-05-2011 04:24 AM)ephigenie Wrote:  It is an old thing long planned to be finally removed ... but still isn't.
The thing is the "Alias" Domain...

It's normally the same like the main domain - except that the "main" domain aka first domain of the user is the main directory - and "alias" domain's are just like addon domains.

i see, well, since i'm concentrating on the DNS specifically, the main directory is irrelevant i would say. the two functions would be identical and using the same template of records.

Quote:IF you really like to rework this part of the code - we would be more then happy ... but you will need some assistance from our team - and you can get it of course (if you like) .

I would really like to rework this part, what i want to do is to get optional support of PowerDNS, im "trying" to create a module PDNS, another for BIND ..etc. i already got a working code that generates both BIND (current code) and PDNS (new code, using PowerDNS::Backend::MySQL ) with (relatively) little changes to current code.

i would appreciate if desired structure was explained, i will post a patch, the code is not very clean (or maybe its terrible), but does all the basics ( named add/del for dmn, als, sub, alssub).

note you'll need to apply patch to PowerDNS::Backend::MySQL to be able to delete domains.

Attached File(s)
.zip  dns.diff.zip (Size: 5.02 KB / Downloads: 16)
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 12:23 PM by uwe.)
01-06-2011 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: diffrence between als_add_named_cfg_data and _dmn_add_named_cfg_data and others - uwe - 01-06-2011 10:30 AM