Current time: 04-30-2024, 09:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

suexec apparently not working
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

RE: suexec apparently not working
bpratt Wrote:
pasichnyk Wrote:
bpratt Wrote:
Code:
    <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
        SuexecUserGroup vu2045 vu2045
    </IfModule>

Do you actually have mod_fastcgi running? You may have to make a conf change to your httpd.conf or /etc/conf.d/apache2 in order to turn it on... I am really not familiar with how debian works, so hopefully someone else can provide better guideance...

Also, if you want to run this without fastcgi, and just suexec, you could change the <IfModule line to require suexec instead of fastcgi...

EDIT: the trunk now for debian uses the following instead of what you have...

Code:
<IfModule suexec_module>
     SuexecUserGroup {SUEXEC_USER} {SUEXEC_GROUP}
</IfModule>

This way even if you don't have fastcgi setup, your cgi's will still run as the user's account. But it really looks like you don't even have fastcgi running currently...

Yes, it appears I haven't got fastcgi setup, which I thought was done with the install of ispcp, and that I didn't have to do anything more. Smile

I hope that someone can post a link to a quick install of fastcgi, but I might just try to see if the new suexec module will fix it for me.

Thanks for your help.

The default .tpl files which are used to setup the users sites, are only configured to use mod_php or mod_fastcgi, depending on how you have apache configured. So if you are not setup for mod_fastcgi currently, you are likely using mod_php. Take a look at your apache conf files and /etc/conf.d/apache2 file to see what you are currently running.

If you are currently running mod_php, it might be best to just wait a little bit until RC3 is released, then upgrade and get mod_fastcgi working at that point. There have been a ton of changes between RC2c and RC3, so fastcgi will likely work out of the box (if you switch your apache from mod_php to fastcgi), especially since you are running on debian. I'm not sure the state of fastcgi support on debian as of RC2c, it may require some manual tweaks to get working, but also may work fine... I'm just not sure.

Hopefully I've helped shed some light on your situation. Smile

I'm off to bed now... Have a good night,
Jesse
11-21-2007 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
suexec apparently not working - bpratt - 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
RE: suexec apparently not working - bpratt - 11-21-2007, 04:26 PM
RE: suexec apparently not working - bpratt - 11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
RE: suexec apparently not working - pgentoo - 11-21-2007 05:41 PM