Current time: 05-03-2024, 10:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Branding and error messages
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Branding and error messages
No i think he just meant having clean error pages without reference to ispCP would be a better choice for hosting environments with mission critical content.

So that if a security issue exists in ispCP maybe the attackers have a list of targets by the hand ...

Now my opinion :
I think this makes only little sense - to me to change that per default everyone is invited to upload nice error-pages or themes that can be used instead of the standard ones. If you think in term of security, then keep in mind, that even ssh/apache/smtp/ftp/imap etc daemons are very noisy about its current version.
If a real attacker would like to know which panel is running on that certain host there are enough possibilities to find out.
And special customers can have special error-docs as well ... everybody can change them on a per-project-base as he likes... so i see not real trouble in that...
Maybe advertising on a error page is not always a good idea... but hey pls show us your ideas about it.

maybe we can just put them up here and offer as an addon ...?
01-06-2008 04:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Branding and error messages - BioALIEN - 01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
RE: Branding and error messages - raphael - 01-05-2008, 03:51 AM
RE: Branding and error messages - ephigenie - 01-06-2008 04:55 AM