Current time: 05-04-2024, 07:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

domain_traffic table growing huge
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: domain_traffic table growing huge
I'm trying to find a suitable solution for real-time curstomer logs because the "best practice" in php is to disable error displaying on production servers. Now the use case:

- user.tld uploads his website to our server
- user.tld loads his website using a browser
- user.tld gets a nice all-blank page
- user.tld can't see any error in his error log (he has to wait for the next rotation)
- user.tld calls the support center and gets angry because having to wait one hour between every fixed error is unacceptable for him

Two ways from here:

1. (Bad support) tells him that this is a server issue, nothing can be done about it and user.tld gets another hosting provider.
2. (Good support) tells him to use the display_errors directive, wich partly solves the issue (he will be able to see runtime errors, but not startup ones) and user.tld may or may not get another provider.

By the way, why won't you use vlogger? Any advice against it? (I haven't tried it so there may be drawbacks I don't know!).

sci2tech Wrote:... For me i`ll try a php aproach, but it will be nice to have a solution integrated in ispcp

Have you done anything on this front? I'm writing "my own vlogger" as a coding exercice, but don't really know if it's performance (in-memory size, cpu consumption) will be suitable for high load webservers.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2008 05:52 PM by kilburn.)
05-16-2008 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: domain_traffic table growing huge - kilburn - 05-16-2008 05:51 PM