Current time: 05-17-2024, 02:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you want to beautify the perl code in the engine?
Yes
No
don't know
[Show Results]

formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
Tseng Offline

RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
ispcomm Wrote:Just think about mobile devices. I am ofter on the move and I have my laptop with me most of the time. However, being able to check the server with a phone or trough a text based browser (as when using ssh over umts with a nokia e90, or an universal ppc) is a huge plus for me. Projects like gplhost support it out of the box.

So... ajax is good but might be a problem on handhelds and being able to administer without requiring a notebook will be a requirement a few years from now.

Regarding coding standard: PEAR coding standard is what I was after too. It's very reasonable and compact, hence readable. php should look the same imho.

ispcomm.

Then maybe we should also create a mobile version? If the PHP code is clean and well structured, then it shouldn't be a big problem. It's just a matter of a good templating engine. AJAX is nice, but not very well supported on mobile devices, so it should be possible to disable it.

gOOvER Wrote:I think this i a good idea. Maybe ephiegenie can open you your own branch.

I think that would be great.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2008 08:45 PM by Tseng.)
05-11-2008 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl) - Tseng - 05-11-2008 08:44 PM