Current time: 05-06-2024, 03:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DNS and FTP...wont work?
david Offline

RE: DNS and FTP...wont work?
david Wrote:Greetings,

I'm relatively new at Linux. I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed on my system, and the latest version of ispCP, that I installed with no errors. However I have two problems I can't seem to work around. I didn't have a domain when I installed ispCP so I used a .cjb.net, and pointed it to my IP, it worked fine. After installation however, I added .ca domain, but when I tried to use ns1.mydomain.cjb.net with that domain it wouldn't work, it couldn't find the nameserver. I'm not sure if/how to setup nameservers to work with ispCP on linux, or if ispCP setup nameservers automatically, and didn't work, or I did something wrong.

Also I can't seem to get FTP working. I make an account, and ispCP says it's successfully created, but when I try to connect it can't find the FTP server. I checked, and the FTP server is running.

If someone could help me with these problems, I would really appreciate it, thank you!

Fixed the DNS Smile BUT now FTP has a problem still,

I can't connect to the ftp server, and on the control panel when I attempt to select a directory I get this:
Code:
Can not open directory !
Please contact your administrator !

Another user had the same problem here, http://isp-control.net/forum/can-not-ope...-3982.html and his password was wrong in the proftpd.conf file, but I don't see any place for a password to go in this file :S!

Any help would be great, thanks!
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2008 03:40 AM by david.)
08-15-2008 03:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DNS and FTP...wont work? - david - 08-13-2008, 04:18 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - david - 08-15-2008 03:38 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - sci2tech - 08-15-2008, 04:11 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - pgentoo - 08-16-2008, 03:14 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - david - 08-16-2008, 04:20 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - david - 08-18-2008, 04:09 AM
RE: DNS and FTP...wont work? - david - 08-19-2008, 01:58 AM